How to measure a towel radiator?: Measuring a towel radiator correctly will also help you determine the perfect size for your needs. Luckily, it's a relatively simple process that only requires a tape measure and some quick calculations. Here's everything you need to know about how to measure a towel radiator!
How to Measure a Towel Radiator
- Size measurement- Measure the width and height of the space taken or to be taken by the towel radiator:
Width - Measure the distance between the pipes that protrude from the wall.
Height - Measure the distance from the bottom of the radiator to the top of the radiator.
- Calculate how many Watts your towel radiator will produce
Radius (mm squared) x Watts = Towel Radiator Wattage
For example, if you have a radiator that is 1000mm squared, it will produce 10,000 Watts.
- Compare the calculated Towel Radiator Wattage with the maximum wattage that your fuse box can handle
The maximum wattage that your fuse box can handle is usually found on the side of the fuse box. If you're not sure what the maximum wattage is, contact your electrician.
- Once you've determined the maximum wattage your fuse box can handle, you need to decide if you want to install a thermostat
A thermostat will allow you to control the temperature of your towel radiator, so it's not too hot or too cold. If you don't want to install a thermostat, you can skip this step.
- Multiply the width by the height to calculate the total square footage of the space
Convert the total square footage to BTUs by multiplying it by 10 (e.g., if the total square footage is 1,000, then you would multiply it by 10 to get 10,000 BTUs).
- Select a towel radiator that has a BTU rating that is equal to or greater than the total square footage of the space
e.g., If the total square footage of the space is 10,000 BTUs, you would need to select a towel radiator that has a BTU rating of 10,000 or greater.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the towel radiator
Most towel radiators will come with installation instructions. follow these instructions carefully to avoid damaging the radiator or injuring yourself.
Remember, always consult a professional installer if you are unsure about how to install the towel radiator. Improper installation can result in damage to the radiator or injury.
FAQs On How to Measure Towel Radiators
- Q: Are towel radiators standard sizes?
A: No, towel radiators come in a variety of sizes. You'll need to measure the space where you want to install the radiator and select a size that will fit.
- Q: What is the difference between a BTU and a Watt?
A: BTUs are a measure of heat, while Watts is a measure of power. BTUs are usually used to measure the heat output of a radiator, while Watts is used to measure the power consumption of a radiator.
When measuring a towel radiator, be sure to consider the width and height of the space where you want to install it. You will also need to convert the total square footage of the space to BTUs. Once you have all of this information, you can select a radiator that has a BTU rating that is equal to or greater than the total square footage of the space. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation to avoid damaging the radiator or injuring yourself.